Planning my wedding was one of the most difficult experiences I have ever been through. For those of you who have yet to go through this life changing experience, let me tell you, it is incredibly overwhelming! I mean where do you start? Food, silverware, plates, music, napkins, venue, vows, tents, lights, the list goes on and on. I took solace in knowing that there were people around me who were taking care of a lot of those little details for me, but there was one thing that I would do myself... my own hair! I am a hairstylist after all. And in my case, I knew that I would be the only person to do it the way I like it. I am a firm believer that if there's a professional for it, then let them do it. So I did! I did, however, take it one step farther and I also styled my mom and my sister's (maid of honor) hair. Hair is my therapy and I honestly believe that being able to do some hair on the big day, kept me calm, cool, and collected. So here are a few suggestions that you may or may not have thought of when it comes to your hair and wedding planning.
Photo: Me doing my moms hair for my wedding
1. If you haven't already, set up a Pinterest account with a "Wedding Board." It's the best way to gather your thoughts, collect pictures, and give you an idea of what you like and what you want.
Photo: Speaking of which, follow us on Pinterest!
2. Always consider your face shape!
3. Always have a hair and makeup trial to make sure your hairstyle is the look you a going for.
4. Consider scheduling a trial right before a dress fitting, that way, you can see the whole vision of your hair with your dress!
Photo: The lovely Katie (and Josh). Houchin Photography
5. Be open to your stylist's advice! Remember, they're professionals.
6. Wear a button-down shirt or a robe when getting ready so you don't ruin your gorgeous hair and makeup!
7. Consider having the bride get ready first, that way she can have a last minute touch-up and finishing spritz of hairspray just before walking down the aisle!
Photo: Getting Mrs. Nadler all ready for her stellar wedding! Ali Vagnini Photography
8. If you wear your hair down on a regular basis and that is what makes you feel the prettiest, then wear your hair down! You do not have to go with an up-do to look beautiful and elegant.